Youth Bears

    Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

    Wie bereits angekündigt, tritt am 25.5.2018 eine neue, EU-weite Datenschutzverordnung in Kraft. Deshalb haben wir unsere Datenschutzerklärung​ aktualisiert. Für User hat sich im Grunde nichts geändert, aber die Erklärung ist jetzt gesetzeskonform :)

    Um auf der sicheren Seite zu sein, haben wir uns dazu entschlossen, dass jeder User ab 25.5.2018 um 00:00 Uhr die neue Datenschutzerklärung akzeptieren muss, bevor er posten kann.

    • Up For The Cup

      RANGERS starlets Kyle Hutton and Gregg Wylde can't wait to face Old Firm rivals Celtic in tonight's SFA Youth Cup final.

      The under-19 teammates were both involved in last year's final in which their side lost 2-1 to Hibs with Easter Road striker Kurtis Byrne scoring in the last minute of extra-time to secure a dramatic win.

      It was a painful evening for Gregg and Kyle but both will do everything in their power to get their hands on the trophy tomorrow night Gregg Wylde and Kyle Huttonand stop Celtic's chances of clinching a domestic double.

      The Hoops, of course, won the under-19 league on Friday after Rangers lost to Dundee United but Billy Kirkwood's players remain confident ahead of their trip to the national stadium.

      Hutton said: "Obviously it is a really big game for us, especially after losing the league.

      "The cup is the only silverware we can get this season so it's important we go out and do everything we can to win it.

      "But we are confident we can go out and get a good result.

      "This season we played Celtic at Barrowfield and won 2-1 but lost 1-0 at Murray Park 1-0 at the start of this month.

      "So both games have been very close and I'm sure that the final will be the same."

      Wylde can still remember the pain from last season's final defeat to the Hibees and doesn't want a repeat.

      He said: "We were all disappointed to lose on that occasion and it's not a nice feeling seeing your opponents lift the cup.

      "But that's in the past and all we can do is focus on this week's game.

      "It's going to be a huge occasion for all the boys and running out at Hampden again will be great, especially as it is Celtic we are playing."

      With Walter Smith's first-team now Champions of Scotland for the second year in a row there could be a chance for several youth players to feature in the club's three remaining SPL fixtures.

      The manager and his coaching staff will all travel to Hampden this evening and Hutton and Wylde will both be out to impress.

      Kyle added: "The first-team have done brilliantly to win the league this season and, with three games, to go, the door could be open for a few younger lads to get a game.

      "That's the incentive that's for everyone and playing well at Hampden might help our chances."

      Rangers FC
    • Kirky Welcomes New Faces

      The Rangers Youth Department has announced that eleven talented teenagers have joined the Club on full-time professional contracts.

      Under-19 coach Billy Kirkwood was on-hand to officially welcome ten of the new recruits to Murray Park yesterday with the eleventh, Gregor Fotheringham, reporting for pre-season training soon.

      Head of Youth Development Jim Sinclair and Youth Scout Billy McLaren have been busy trying to find youngsters they hope can develop in to stars of the future at Ibrox.

      And five of the eleven players drafted in so far, all of whom are eligible for under-17 and under-19 football in 2010/11, have been snapped up from clubs around Britain.

      Northern Ireland under-19 midfielder Andrew Mitchell was thrilled to join the Gers ranks having been released from Premiership side Manchester City.

      The 18-year-old, who can also play at right-back, impressed on a recent trial at the Hong Kong Sevens and hopes are high that he can fulfil his undoubted potential in Scotland.

      Joining him are his international teammates Chris Hegarty, a central defender, and goalkeeper Wayne Drummond who were previously at English Championship side Millwall.

      Strikers Marc Dyer and Sam McMahon have also put pen to paper on new deals having impressed at Ayr United and Burnley respectively.

      Fans of the Rangers youth teams should also look out for Frankie Owens, Lewis McLeod, Robbie Crawford, Callum Wylie, George Scott and Fotheringham.

      All six have progressed through the youth system at Murray Park in style and have been rewarded with full-time pro contracts.

      Rangers FC
    • 19s Start Season With Win

      Kane Hemmings was the matchwinner this morning as Rangers under-19s beat Kilmarnock 2-1 in the opening game of the 2010/11 campaign.

      The former Tamworth striker missed twelve games at the tail end of last season with a knee injury.

      But he returned to competitive action today at a wind swept Kilwinning Sports Club and was clearly determined to make up for lost time.

      On 41 minutes he used his pace to dart down the left wing before being tripped by Ross Fisher in the 18 yard box.

      The ref immediately pointed to the spot and Hemmings sent keeper Chris Treacy the wrong way with a composed finish.

      Having dominated long spells of this match it looked certain a second goal would follow after the break but it didn't arrive until the 80th minute.

      Polish midfielder Kamil Wiktorski found Ewan McNeil out wide and his superb cross allowed Kane to fire home his second goal with an accurate volley.

      At this stage Killie were dead and buried but with two minutes remaining Reid Brown gave Gers keeper Wayne Drummond no chance with a superb strike.

      This set up a nervy finish and when the Gers defence failed to clear the ball in injury time Drummond had to pull off a fine save to deny a Killie trialist from grabbing a last gasp equaliser.

      Nevertheless this was a positive start to the season for Billy Kirkwood's new look team.

      RANGERS: Drummond; McNeil, Hegarty, Cole, Noble; Kisuka (Dick 70min), Wiktorski, McGeouch, Wright, Naismith; Hemmings

      Not Used: Inglis, Hetherington, McAusland, Crawford

      Under-19 coach Billy Kirkwood will be joining Lindsay Herron in the studio for tomorrow's SPL clash against Hibs, with live coverage available outside the UK and Ireland, and the full match on demand in the UK from midnight.

      Rangers FC
    • Youth Update: Rangers 13's 4:0 Ayr United 14's

      Tonight was an opprtunity to take in one of the younger sides as Rangers Under 13?s took on an Under 14 side from Ayr United. The game was played over three thirty minute periods.

      Rangers created a chance as early as the fifth minute, Danny Kelly played the ball up to Sam Jamieson at the edge of the box and the striker laid it back into the path of Craig Kincaid who fired over. Five minutes later they came even closer to opening the scoring, Robbie Crawford’s pass releasing Rhys Proctor and he was denied by Ayr keeper Lewis McMurdo.

      The opening goal was only delayed a further eight minutes, Craig Kincaid won the ball at the edge of the box and played it to Sam Jamieson, the striker’s neat back-heel set up Rhys Proctor to shoot past the keeper.

      Six minutes later and Rangers doubled their lead, Kincaid again won the ball, this time in midfield and played the ball up to Proctor at the edge of the box, the winger slipped the ball through to Sam Jamieson to fire home.

      A couple of minutes later Josh Jeffries cut in from the left and passed to Proctor who again played in Jamieson this time he was denied by keeper McMurdo. The final chance of the period came for the visitors, a ball over the top sent Sean McKenzie clear his shot was powerful but Robbie McRorie stood tall to parry.

      It took Rangers only two minutes of the second period to increase their lead and it was a superb solo effort from Sam Jamieson, picking up a loose ball at the left hand edge of the penalty box he cut inside past a defender and curled a superb shot past the keeper. Ayr then threatened immediately when a cross from the left was controlled inside the box by Ryan Wilson but his shot lacked power and McRorie saved comfortably.

      Rangers were soon back on the attack, Craig Kincaid breaking forward to fire an effort from 25 yards just wide. At the other end Rangers had to thank Ryan Hoggan who’s tackle prevented McKenzie getting a shot at goal as he ran on to a Craig Barn pass.

      Ten minutes into the second period and a fast break from Rangers lead to goal number four. Rhys Proctor running from inside his own half beating two defenders before releasing Sam Jamieson who again gave keeper McMurdo no chance with a great strike. The Ayr keeper then denied Jamieson by bravely saving at the striker’s feet after Jeffries and Crawford combined to sent up the chance.

      Ayr United were still a threat and when a long pass from Lewis Neilson gave Craig Barn an opportunity which Rangers keeper Ross Doohan saved.

      There were fewer chances in the final period although both keepers had to make saves. Jamie Brandon and Ross Brown combined to play in David McSorley and keeper McMurdo blocked. At the other end Rangers keeper Doohan saved from Roy Barr following a break down the right. Rangers keeper Doohan then left the best to last, diving low to his left to save from Barr after he was played through by Jordan Bruce.

      Full-Time:- Rangers 4 Ayr United 0

      Rangers Squad:- Robbie McRorie (GK), Ross Doohan (GK), Adam Baird, Cameron Price, Ross McRorie, Ryan Hoggan, Danny Kelly, Rhys Proctor, Craig Kincaid, Sam Jamieson, Robbie Crawford, Josh Jeffries, Stuart Gauley, Jamie Brandon, David McSorley, Ross Brown

      Ayr United Squad:- Lewis McMurdo (GK), Stuart Donnachie, Reece Lapham, Lee Williamson, Blane Swift, Aiden Connor, Lewis Neilson, Craig Barn, Ryan Wilson, Declan Adam, Sean McKenzie, Donnie Campbell, Jordan Bruce, Roy Barr.
    • Youth Update: 16's hit 13 against Ozzies

      Rangers Under 16?s had what turned out to be a bit of a miss-match against an Australian touring side coached by former Hearts defender George Cowie. The visitors managed to hold out for just over twenty minutes after which the flood gates opened with Rangers winning 13-0.

      When the opener came it was a superb solo effort from Scott Roberts, Jordan Wilson played it forward to Roberts on the left-wing, his run down the left and along the 18 yard box took him past three defenders finishing with a low right foot shot into the bottom corner.

      Roberts was gain involved in the creation of the second goal, Darren Ramsay found him inside the box and he unselfishly rolled it across the box for Paul Kane to stroke home.

      Roberts who can still play at Under 15?s was the architect of the third, cutting in from the left he set up Darren Ramsay with a superb reverse pass and the striker shot home. The fourth goal came when Robert McLardie’s ball from the back sent Paul Kane clear and as the keeper advanced from his goal he coolly lobbed the ball over him and into the net.

      Number five came soon after the break, Charlie Telfer sending the ball out to Callum McConnell on the right and he cut inside to beat the keeper at his near post. The sixth goal soon followed, Kane passing to Ramsay who beat a defender as he advanced into the box and rolling the ball across to Charlie Telfer for a tap in.

      A slack pass from defence lead to the next goal, Ramsay pouncing on the mistake to setup Paul Kane who knocked it over the line from the six-yard box. Seconds after substitute keeper Scott Macauley produced a superb save to deny the tourists a goal Rangers scored their eighth. Craig Halkett was sent clear down the right and his pass inside saw Scott Roberts find the net from the edge of the box.

      Number nine came from the penalty spot, Telfer’s pass found Darren Ramsay inside the box and as he went past a defender he was clearly tripped and stepped up to net from the spot. Double figures came from Darren Ramsay again, this time converting after Halkett setup the chance from the right wing.

      Craig Halkett then got his name on the score sheet netting at the back post after a good run and cross from Jordan Wilson on the left. Paul Kane was the creator for number twelve with some good play on the left and a cut back for Darren Ramsay to net his fourth. The scoring was complete when Telfer sent the ball out left to Ramsay and his ball across the box was converted by Paul Kane.

      Rangers:- Sam George (Scott Macauley 50mins); Ryan Sinnamon, Greg Pascazio, Robert McLardie, Jordan Wilson; Callum McConnell (Ciaran Summers 50mins), Charlie Telfer, Darren McGill (Craig Halkett 46mins), Scott Roberts; Darren Ramsay, Paul Kane.
    • Youth Update: Rangers 3:2 St Johnstone

      A Darren Ramsay goal two minutes from time was enough to secure a win for the Under 17?s in a friendly against St.Johnstone at Murray Park this afternoon. Rangers should have had the game win in the early period of the match but a spirited Saints pegged them back and the second-half was much more even before the late winner.

      Rangers took the lead as early as the third minute, the ball was worked from left to right from Marc Dyer via Callum Wylie and Lee Cochrane to Callum Gallagher who cut into the box to shoot across the keeper and into the net. On nine minutes it should have been two, a long pass from Wylie saw a superb piece of control inside the box by Marc Dyer but he shot wide.

      Two minutes later Callum Gallagher was through and he knocked it past the advancing keeper only to see it cleared off the line, it went straight to Dyer and with the goal at his mercy he managed to hit it straight at the defender on the line. A minute later and a great run from full-back by Mark Taylor saw him finish with a shot that the keeper saved low to his right.

      Taylor was again involved when his free-kick from the right broke off a defender to Lee Cochrane and the keeper saved at the post. Rangers doubled their lead on eighteen minutes, Taylor played it forward to Gallagher on the right and his low cross was met first time by Callum Wylie to beat the keeper.

      On the half-hour mark a great challenge from Taylor denied the visitors a goal scoring opportunity. From the resultant corner the referee adjudged Lee Cochrane to have handled inside the box, despite a valiant effort low to his right by Blair Currie St.Johnstone converted the penalty.

      With ten minutes of the half remaining a sweeping move created another chance for Rangers. George Scott passed inside to Dyer who in turn played it out right to Gallagher who fed the overlapping Taylor, from the full-back’s cross Cochrane’s shot was deflected over. A couple of minutes later a Gallagher cross saw Wylie attempt a spectacular overhead kick that was too straight and the keeper saved.

      St. Johnstone grabbed an equaliser in the 39th minute, Mark Taylor was short with a pass back and as Blair Currie and the St.Johnstone player collided it left the visitor’s striker an easy tap in. Unfortunately keeper Currie sustained what looked like a bad injury from the collision and was strectchered off, his place being taken by Saints substitute goalkeeper.

      Half-Time:- Rangers 2 St.Johnstone 2

      The visitors were first to threaten in the second half and the replacement keeper made a good save after the chance was created down the left. He was in action again when the ball was cleared out of the box he dived to his right to parry the shot from Saints midfielder.

      On the hour mark a great pass from Darren Ramsay looked to have sent Gallagher clear but he was pulled down right on the edge of the box. Robbie McIntyre fired the free-kick into the wall and the danger was cleared. Just when it looked like Saints would hold on for the draw Rangers scored with two minutes remaining. Gregor Fotheringham won the ball and played it to Robbie McIntyre on the left, a great run and turn on the byline saw him deliver a superb cross with his right foot and Darren Ramsay was at the back post to power home a header. Ramsay almost scored again in the final minute, Gallagher battled well to retain possession on the right and fed Ramsay who cut inside and fired goalwards with the Saints keeper producing a fine save to his right.

      Full-Time:- Rangers 3 St.Johnstone 2

      Rangers:- Blair Currie (Saints sub Keeper 39mins); Mark Taylor (Jordan Wilson 58mins), Scott Rumsby, Gregor Fotheringham, Robbie McIntyre, Callum Gallagher, George Scott, Andy Murdoch, Marc Dyer (Charlie Telfer 73mins); Lee Cochrane (Darren Ramsay 54mins), Callum Wylie (Callum McConnell 70mins).
    • Scarborough teen signed by Scottish giant Rangers FC

      Like countless other Canadian-born kids with parents who hail from Europe, Fraser Aird inherited his favourite sports team.

      Rangers FC was the choice in Aird’s Scarborough home, the inevitable byproduct of having both a father and a maternal grandpa who were longtime season ticket holders at Ibrox Stadium, the club’s Glasgow ground.


      Thanks in part to the connections of Sanford Carabin, his agent and one-time coach, Aird had a trial in 2008 with Celtic FC, who’ve engaged Rangers in a century-old, cross-town rivalry that has sometimes blurred sports with religion (Celtic is known as a Catholic club, while Rangers has Protestant roots). ...

      Sometimes I-)

      Welcome to the Gers!
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

    • A Real Highlight (RFC)
      CHRIS HEGARTY couldn't have asked for a better first taste of Ibrox after his goal secured an SFA Youth Cup semi-final win for Rangers.The Northern Irish defender is the under-19s' only ever present this season but admits after grabbing a goal he predicted he'd score he's hit a high for the season.