Angepinnt Rangers Links & Rangers FC - All you need to know

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Hallo liebe qiumianer und qiumianerinnen,

mit dem Update auf die Forenversion 4.1 haben wir nun die Möglichkeit geschaffen, Bilder im Forum anzuzeigen.
    Dazu müsst ihr lediglich beim erstellen einer Nachricht auf den "Bild einfügen" Knopf drücken und dort die URL bzw. die Adresse des Bildes einfügen.
    Bitte beachtet auf jeden Fall Copyrights der Bilder die ihr verlinkt!
    Die Nutzungsbedingungen wurden dahingehend angepasst und sind ab nun zu beachten.
    Mit der Nutzung des Forums stimmt ihr diesen Nutzungsbedingungen bzw. deren Änderung zu!

Vielen Dank,
    Eure Admins :)

• Die "old company" The Rangers Football Club PLC befindet sich nach der Insolvenzverwaltung durch Duff & Phelps nun in den Händen der Liquidatoren von BDO.

Aufgrund der entstehenden Kosten, verschickten sie am 30. Mai 2013 an alle sharholders einmalig einen Hinweis, daß alle weiteren relevanten Informationen ab sofort auf deren Webseite erscheinen werden.

bdo.co.uk/rfc2012inliquidation

"Due to the significant issues to be resolved in the liquidation, the Joint Liquidators do not expect to be in a position to bring this case to a conclusion for some considerable time."
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

RANGERS AN SINN - RANGERS AN DRASDA - RANGERS GU BRATH
    • ASA Adjudication on The Rangers Football Club Ltd

The Rangers Football Club Ltd
      Ibrox Stadium
      150 Edmiston Drive
      Glasgow
      G51 2XD

Date: 12 June 2013
      Media: Radio, Regional press
      Sector: Leisure
      Number of complaints: 78
      Complaint Ref: A13-224406

Ad

A regional radio ad, a press ad and an e-mail ad, for Rangers Football Club:

a. The regional radio ad stated "Join Scotland's most successful club at IBROX and guarantee your seat for the last four games of the season. Rangers season tickets are priced from £69 for adults, £48 for concessions and just £17 for kids ...".

b. The press ad stated "JOIN SCOTLAND'S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB AT IBROX ... STILL GOING STRONG ... 54 TITLES ... RANGERS THEN ... RANGERS NOW ... RANGERS FOREVER".

c. The e-mail ad stated "JOIN SCOTLAND'S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB AT IBROX".

Issue

Seventy-eight complainants challenged whether the claim "Scotland's most successful club" was misleading, because they understood that the current club had only been formed in 2012.

CAP Code (Edition 12)

BCAP Code

Response

The Rangers Football Club Ltd (Newco) explained that The Rangers Football Club Plc (Oldco), which previously owned and operated Rangers Football Club (RFC), went into administration on 14 February 2012 and that, in order to preserve RFC after a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement failed, its business and assets were purchased by another corporate entity, which was now known as the Rangers Football Club Ltd and that, therefore, the same Club was now owned and operated by themselves. They provided an extract from a Decision concerning RFC, by an Independent Commission appointed by the Scottish Premier League, in which it was stated that "in common speech a Club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator". They said the Commission had clearly stated that the same Club continued, regardless of the legal entity that owned and operated it and, therefore, that RFC had continued in existence since 1872. They also provided a letter from the European Club Association (ECA), concerning the RFC's continuing membership after the liquidation, in which it stated that, although run by a different legal entity, it considered RFC was still the same football club, having the same registration number with the Football Association, the same fans, the same stadium, the same club coefficient ranking and the same trophies, and it therefore recognised RFC as a founding member of the ECA, despite the change of ownership. Newco advised us that RFC was a full member of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and that when Oldco, the legal entity who previously held the membership, went into administration and agreement was put in place to transfer exactly the same membership from Oldco to Newco, which had resulted in membership of the SFA being maintained. They further pointed out that the websites of the Scottish Premier League, the SFA and UEFA all confirmed that RFC had been in existence for 140 years by detailing all honours that the Club had won since its formation in 1872.

The RACC said they felt that, given RFC's history, the claim "Scotland's most successful club" was valid and would not mislead.

Assessment

Not upheld

Whilst the ASA acknowledged that Newco had not taken on all of the debts and liabilities of Oldco when it purchased its assets and business and that that would normally preclude it from trading on the reputation of the former company, we noted that both an Independent Commission appointed by the SPL and the ECA had reached the conclusion that the football club RFC was a recognisable entity in its own right, and that it had continued in existence despite being transferred to another owner and operator. We further considered that consumers would understand that the claim in question related to the football club rather than to its owner and operator. We therefore concluded that it was not misleading for the ad to make reference to RFC's history, which was separate to that of Newco.

We investigated the ad under BCAP Code rules 3.1 (Misleading advertising) and 3.9 (Substantiation) and CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1 (Misleading advertising) and 3.7 (Substantiation) but did not find it in breach.

Action

No further action necessary.

ASA
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Unsere berühmte Hymne wurde übrigens schon sehr früh von einem Baptistenlied entlehnt ...

Follow Follow, I will follow Jesus

Down in the valley with my Savior I would go,
      Where the flowers are blooming and the sweet waters flow;
      Everywhere He leads me I would follow, follow on,
      Walking in His footsteps till the crown be won.

Follow! follow! I would follow Jesus!
      Anywhere, everywhere, I would follow on!
      Everywhere He leads me I would follow on!

Down in the valley with my Savior I would go,
      Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow;
      With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear,
      Dangers cannot fright me if my Lord is near.

Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep,
      Close beside my Savior would my heart ever keep;
      He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod,
      Up to where they gather in the rest of God.

The hymn was sung at the memorial service for the 40th anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster in 2011. Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie made a wee joke, reminding the congregation to sing the correct (hymn) words also. Liewell, Dr Death & TLB were there representing Scumtic and didn't sing a word.

NB: Ich kann jetzt nicht behaupten, daß ich darüber glücklich bin. Ich folge einem Fußballverein und kann und werde dabei auf jedwede religiöse Verbindung verzichten.
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Wow, fantastische Arbeit! :nuke: Aber mit Fakten darf man in Fenian Schottland leider nicht mehr kommen.
      :rfc: Play for the badge on the front and we will remember the name on the back :rfc:
    • Or so it is claimed in this interesting article:

+ + +

We belong to Glasgow ... sort of

7:20pm Tuesday 3rd September 2013

The first team picture ...

... Rangers did not only adopt their name from Swindon Rangers rugby club but also played in the same colours as the railway workers’ side – all white with a blue star crest.

THEY are one of the world’s best-supported football teams with fan clubs girdling the globe from Tasmania to Tampa Bay, Bahrain to Boston, Winnipeg to Wellington and Katowice to Calgary.

But where did the institution that is Rangers Football Club – winners of 54 domestic league titles, more than any club in the world – get their name?

Why from Swindon, of course.

The origins of this massive Scottish sporting organisation – or at least, its world-renowned name – has of late been the subject of a spate of queries on fans’ forums.

For such a vast footballing behemoth where every trophy, player, goal and all manner of what – for most of us – would seem inconsequential data is feverishly racked up and pored over, the club’s very name is bizarrely shrouded in mystery.

However, the consensus is that Rangers owes its moniker to a bunch of Great Western Railway workers letting off a little steam, if you’ll excuse the pun, on a field in Swindon – or Gorse Hill, to be precise – around 140 years ago.

Four enthusiastic young sportsmen founded Rangers in 1872: brothers’ Moses and Peter McNeil, and friends Peter Campbell and William McBeath.

They had been galvanised after watching a local Glasgow team Queen’s Park – the “Pride of Scotland” – playing a new-fangled form of football.

This revolutionary variety of a previously haphazard, frenetic chase-ball activity followed a controversial rule change stipulating that the ball could not be “carried or hacked”… otherwise the game would become “more like wrestling than football”.

But what shall we call our brand new sports club, mused the Glaswegian quartet? It was Moses who came up with the answer.

A studious fellow, Moses had been reading a book called the English Football Annual written by Charles Alcock, founder member and later secretary of the Football Association, and also the creator of the world’s first knock-out competition of its kind, the FA Cup.

In his book, published every year since 1868, Alcock mentioned an English rugby team of the era, Swindon Rangers, who played in white socks, white shorts and white shirts with a blue star on the breast.

It struck an instant chord with Moses. Rangers! Wow, what a great name for a football team.

The founders of Rangers were not only inclined to nick the name of Swindon’s Victorian rugby pioneers but also copied the kit – an exact replica of which Rangers donned in the 1876/77 Scottish Cup Final (beaten 3-2 by the Vale of Leven in a twice replayed match.) It was later said that Moses loved the name he had plucked from Alcocks’ annual because “Rangers’ rhymed with strangers,” symbolising the bringing together of men from all over the city – or at least the Protestant half – who fancied a game of soccer.

Moses, incidentally, played many times for Rangers and became the club’s first player to represent Scotland.

A Swindon Rangers exists today in the form of a North Wilts League football team established eight years ago.

But unlike its illustrious Glaswegian namesake, the original Swindon Rangers has long since vanished, although the institution that arose in its wake, Swindon Rugby Club, continues to thrive.

No-one, apparently, knows when Swindon Rangers formed, but one of the club’s driving forces was John Armstrong, son of the eminent Great Western Railway engineer Joseph Armstrong – one of the key players in Swindon’s growth and pre-eminence as a railway town.

John, who also went on to become a big wheel at The Works, initially played for Swindon Rangers Cricket Club, from which the rugby club emerged. He was said to have captained the latter for seven years.

Astills Original Swindon Almanac of 1881 lists the Rangers’ President as none other than the Superintendent of the Swindon GWR works, William Dean, with the man he succeeded – John’s dad Joseph – as Vice President.

According to Swindon Rugby Club’s official history, the home of Swindon Rangers in 1870 was an edge of town field in Gorse Hill – probably their first ground.

They later went on to play at The Croft in Old Town – which also became home for 11 years from 1884 to Swindon Town Football Club – and also The Sands in Bath Road, site of the former Victoria Hospital.

During this era the Swindon Advertiser reported on numerous Rangers matches as the team attracted crowds of 300 or so to the Croft, including – now here’s a shock – members of the “fair sex.”

Playing away to a rampant, unbeaten Gloucester in January 1883, Rangers pulled off a famous victory. The club’s first and second teams also played two games, one after the other, on January 31, 1885.

The second side took on Purton which was swiftly followed by the first XV’s match against Bath Volunteers. Two Rangers’ players – Brunsden and Horsington – played in both victories.

Sadly, the axe fell on Swindon Rangers in January 1895 due to “lack of support at committee level”.

Months later Swindon Rugby Football Club was formed, pretty much by the same group of people, and today it proudly holds its place in our town’s sporting community.

But following its brief history – maybe around 40 years – Swindon Rangers did not die without leaving a remarkable, you could possibly say unique, sporting legacy; the name of a football team known throughout the world and housed in a grand old stadium approximately 314 miles north of Swindon. How weird is that!

Gers fan Andy Goran, writing on the Rangers Media Forum, says: “Say there was still a rugby club in the Swindon area called Rangers; a bit of clever marketing about the origins of the name of our famous club would earn them a fortune. I know I’d buy a Swindon Rangers rugby top if such thing existed… unless of course they play in green” (a reference, I feel sure, to their Old Firm rivals Celtic)

THE chairman of Swindon RFC Stuart Cock has been aware of the apparent origins of Rangers’ name for some time.

That a Victorian rugby club in Swindon gave its name to one of the world’s best supported sporting institutions has virtually become part of the club’s unwritten folklore.

Stuart says: “Some of our older guys are absolutely convinced that Rangers got their name from Swindon Rangers rugby club – in other words, our club.

“I don’t really know myself. Some say the name came from Swindon Rangers but I’ve also heard that Glasgow Rangers got it (their name) from a rowing club.

“Obviously, it’s something we would be very, very proud of – that we spawned such a huge, world famous football club.”

Like many other members of Swindon RFC, Stuart considers the present club and Swindon Rangers to be one and the same, making it – at around 160 years old – one of the oldest sporting institutions in the country, possibly the world.

However, the rugby authorities refuse to recognise this and mark the beginning of Swindon RFC as 1895… a few months after it arose from the ashes of Swindon Rangers.

Stuart says: “It’s a shame really; it was formed by the same group of people. It was the same club really but with a different name. We’re still one of the oldest clubs in the area, though.”

+ + +

Swindon Advertiser
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Nur noch einmal als Zusammenfassung für jene, die bei der Frage "neuer oder alter Verein" Probleme bekommen sollten oder einfach beim ersten, zweiten und dritten Mal gefehlt haben:

mccoist_355;18952725 schrieb:

For posterity...

Lord Nimmo Smith/Glennie/SPL:
      tiny.cc/ojiipw - NimmoSmith verdict's proving Rangers FC continues (JPG)
      tiny.cc/832kqw - Lord Nimmo Smith's report (PDF)
      tiny.cc/xn6kqw - SPL CEO Neil Doncaster: "It is an existing club, even though it's a new company" 1 minute in.
      tiny.cc/0ko6xw - Lord Glennie - distinguishing between company and club

UEFA:
      tiny.cc/u8akpw - UEFA Rangers "Scottish Cup" squad (Elgin game) updated 8th Dec 2012 (LINK)
      tiny.cc/r12kqw - UEFA's updated Scottish Cup squad (JPG)

SFL:
      tiny.cc/koakpw - SFL Rangers home page - "Founded 1872" - Full trophy list (LINK)
      tiny.cc/pyyzyw - Derek Longmuir, SFL CEO, congratulating Gers on 140 years.

SFA:
      tiny.cc/b1kuyw - SFA Annual Review - RFC "entering liquidation and subsequently accommodated into SFL3"
      tiny.cc/qdfjqw - SFA's Scottish Cup archive: Rangers FC continues. (JPG)
      tiny.cc/gt3kqw - SFA Q&A: clarifying status of "Rangers FC" re. Div 3, 4 yrs of accounts, Scottish Cup entry (LINK)
      tiny.cc/lu3kqw - SFA statement "full membership has been transferred". (LINK)

HMRC:
      tiny.cc/cryzyw - "the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale [of Rangers FC] can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation." (LINK)

European Clubs Association:
      tiny.cc/yw5kqw - "The organisation considers the club’s history to be continuous regardless of the change of company" (LINK)

Advertising Standards Authority:
      tiny.cc/svkuyw - Rangers' most successful club claim is rubber-stamped by the ASA

BBC - Independent report by Editorial Standards Committee:
      tiny.cc/lezzyw - "where.. the BBC had made the distinction between an “old” and “new” Rangers.. club as opposed to the “old” and “new” company, ..due accuracy had not been achieved."

Proof of post-liquidation survival precedents:
      tiny.cc/5jnqqw - Leeds WERE liquidated/No CVA - KPMG source
      tiny.cc/7tpqqw - Arbitration case proving Leeds no CVA
      theifo.co.uk/adjudications/Lutonfollettfinal.pdf - Luton No CVA (IFO)/Bournemouth/Rotherham/Leeds too
      judgmental.org.uk/judgments/EW…/[2005]_EWCA_Civ_180.html Crystal Palace were also liquidated.
      tiny.cc/9xp6xw (PDF) and tiny.cc/8cq6xw (JPG) - Portsmouth were also "liquidated" in 2010

And finally....Dermot Desmond:
      tiny.cc/vqo6xw - "A fantastic club with great history"

Stewart Regan confirms Rangers are the same club

Neil Patey: Partner at E&Y (finance guy used extensively by the media during the admin process)

“My view is that it is like many other business acquisitions where the assets, people, trade and trading names are "acquired" by another entity. It is a new legal entity, but essentially the old business continues. So it is right to say that it is a newco in legal terms, but the "club" is a continuation of the old one. Then it is up to football authorities if they confer membership and titles that "belonged" to oldco, which they obviously appear to have done.”
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Der Berliner ()

• Zum selben Thema hat die Britische Werbeaufsicht ihre erste Entscheidung bestätigt:

ASA rules in favour of Rangers yet again

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has upheld a ruling in favour of Rangers FC following an advertising dispute over whether the club should be allowed to advertise using the ‘Scotland’s most successful club’ claim.

The ASA delivered its original ruling in June this year but after an appeal by complainants, the Independent Reviewer agreed that the case should be re-opened because a “valid question mark” had been raised over the adequacy of evidence submitted by the advertiser in the original investigation.

However, following further examination, the ASA stood by its original ruling not to uphold 82 complaints that Rangers were misleading consumers by using an advertising slogan that said: “Join Scotland’s most successful club at Ibrox… still going strong… 54 titles… Rangers then… Rangers now… Rangers forever”.

In a fresh adjudication, the ASA said it was confident that consumers would understand the claim was in reference to the history of Rangers Football Club, but did accept that that the club’s history was “separate to that of Newco”.

“We consulted with UEFA, which explained that its rules allowed for the recognition of the ‘sporting integrity’ of a club’s match record, even if that club’s corporate structure had changed,” the ruling stated.

“We also consulted with the SFA, which confirmed that its definition of a football ‘club’ varied depending on context, and could sometimes refer to an entity separate from the club’s corporate owner.

The SFA further pointed out that, following RFC’s transfer to a new corporate owner, Newco did not take a new membership of the Scottish FA but rather that previous membership was transferred across to them so they could continue as the same member of the Scottish FA.

“We considered that consumer would understand that the claim in question related to the football club rather than to its owner and operator and therefore concluded that it was not misleading for the ad to make reference to RFC’s history, which was separate to that of Newco.”

The question of whether Newco Rangers should be permitted to trade on the history of the liquidated company has been a bone of contention in Scottish football since Rangers’ financial collapse in 2012.

The Drum understands that the ASA consider the decision final.

The Drum

+ + +

Das Urteil der ASA

Ad

A regional radio ad, a press ad and an e-mail ad, for Rangers Football Club:

a. The regional radio ad stated "Join Scotland's most successful club at IBROX and guarantee your seat for the last four games of the season. Rangers season tickets are priced from £69 for adults, £48 for concessions and just £17 for kids ...".

b. The press ad stated "JOIN SCOTLAND'S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB AT IBROX ... STILL GOING STRONG ... 54 TITLES ... RANGERS THEN ... RANGERS NOW ... RANGERS FOREVER".

c. The e-mail ad stated "JOIN SCOTLAND'S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB AT IBROX".
      Issue

Eighty two complainants challenged whether the claims "Scotland's most successful club" and “RANGERS THEN... RANGERS NOW... RANGERS FOREVER” were misleading, because they understood that the current club had only been formed in 2012.
      CAP Code (Edition 12)
      BCAP Code
      Response

The Rangers Football Club Ltd (Newco) explained that The Rangers Football Club Plc (Oldco), which previously owned and operated Rangers Football Club (RFC), went into administration on 14 February 2012 and that, in order to preserve RFC after a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement failed, its business and assets were purchased by another corporate entity, which was now known as the Rangers Football Club Ltd and that, therefore, the same Club was now owned and operated by themselves. They provided an extract from a Decision concerning RFC, by an Independent Commission appointed by the Scottish Premier League, in which it was stated that "in common speech a Club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator". They said the Commission had clearly stated that the same Club continued, regardless of the legal entity that owned and operated it and, therefore, that RFC had continued in existence since 1872. They also provided a letter from the European Club Association (ECA), concerning the RFC's continuing membership after the liquidation, in which it stated that, although run by a different legal entity, it considered RFC was still the same football club, having the same registration number with the Football Association, the same fans, the same stadium, the same club coefficient ranking and the same trophies, and it therefore recognised RFC as a founding member of the ECA, despite the change of ownership. Newco advised us that RFC was a full member of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and that when Oldco, the legal entity who previously held the membership, went into administration and agreement was put in place to transfer exactly the same membership from Oldco to Newco, which had resulted in membership of the SFA being maintained. They further pointed out that the websites of the Scottish Premier League, the SFA and UEFA all confirmed that RFC had been in existence for 140 years by detailing all honours that the Club had won since its formation in 1872.

The RACC said they felt that, given RFC's history, the claim "Scotland's most successful club" was valid and would not mislead.
      Assessment

THIS ADJUDICATION REPLACES THAT PUBLISHED ON 12 JUNE 2013. THE WORDING HAS CHANGED BUT THE DECISION TO NOT UPHOLD THE COMPLAINT REMAINS.

Not upheld

Whilst the ASA acknowledged that Newco had not taken on all of the debts and liabilities of Oldco when it purchased its assets and that that would normally preclude a business from trading on the reputation of a liquidated predecessor company, we noted, having read its report in full, that both an Independent Commission appointed by the SPL and the ECA had reached the conclusion that the football club RFC was a recognisable entity in its own right, and that it had continued in existence despite being transferred to another owner and operator. We consulted with UEFA, which explained that its rules allowed for the recognition of the “sporting continuity” of a club’s match record, even if that club’s corporate structure had changed. We also consulted with the SFA, which confirmed that its definition of a football “club” varied depending on context, and could sometimes refer to an entity separate from the club’s corporate owner. The SFA further pointed out that, following RFC’s transfer to a new corporate owner, Newco did not take a new membership of the Scottish FA but rather that the previous membership was transferred across to them so they could continue as the same member of the Scottish FA. We considered that consumers would understand that the claim in question related to the football club rather than to its owner and operator and we therefore concluded that it was not misleading for the ad to make reference to RFC's history, which was separate to that of Newco.

We investigated the ads under BCAP Code rules 3.1 (Misleading advertising) and 3.9 (Substantiation) and CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1 (Misleading advertising) and 3.7 (Substantiation) but did not find them in breach.
      Action

No further action necessary.
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Der Berliner ()

• Just been sent an amazing image of a 1924 letter which invites James Bowie (later our chairman) onto the RFC board.

Former player Bowie, later became chairman in 1935 for 12 years before the author of the letter, W. Rogers Simpson succeeded him. You can read more about the events of that period via this superb TRS article from last year:

The letter (in amazing condition) has been found inside an original version of the 'The story of Rangers 1873-1923' by John Allan which is being put up for sale/auction soon. A tremendous and topical piece of original memorabilia!

Pic of the letter

More of that era on the Rangers Standard Website
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Die Abneigung für unsere Mannschaft kennt ja viele Farben, nicht nur die Grün-Graue der Yahoos. Besonders prominent leuchtet da das Rot von Aberdeen, die wir damals mit Souness von ihrem zeitweise eroberten Thron geschubst haben. Davon haben sich die Dons nie wirklich erholt, was aber auch neben dem finanziellen Muskel der Glasgower Riesen kein Wunder ist. Allerdings hat sich da ein Haßpotential aufgebaut, das schon beachtlich ist. Man nehme als Beispiel diesen Artikel des "Aberdeen Press & Journal" aus dem Jahre 1995.
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• Und nochmal, zum hoffentlich letzten Mal: Neil Doncaster antwortet der "Celtic Quick News" (und Chris McLaughlin und all den anderen Yahoos) zum Thema Verein und Betreibergesellschaft:

Neil Doncaster an CQN
      Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel!

• In letzter Zeit kommuniziert das Neil Doncaster auch gut uns direkt. Das hat am Anfang einfach gefehlt. Aber die leben eh in einer völlig anderen Welt und werden es nie verstehen. Verstehen wollen. Und vielleicht auch nicht können, denn Gehirnwäsche hinterlässt halt auch mal Spuren.
      :rfc: Play for the badge on the front and we will remember the name on the back :rfc: