Light Blues Fanszene

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Hallo liebe qiumianer und qiumianerinnen,

mit dem Update auf die Forenversion 4.1 haben wir nun die Möglichkeit geschaffen, Bilder im Forum anzuzeigen.
    Dazu müsst ihr lediglich beim erstellen einer Nachricht auf den "Bild einfügen" Knopf drücken und dort die URL bzw. die Adresse des Bildes einfügen.
    Bitte beachtet auf jeden Fall Copyrights der Bilder die ihr verlinkt!
    Die Nutzungsbedingungen wurden dahingehend angepasst und sind ab nun zu beachten.
    Mit der Nutzung des Forums stimmt ihr diesen Nutzungsbedingungen bzw. deren Änderung zu!

Vielen Dank,
    Eure Admins :)

• Gedanken zu finanziellen Situation.

Our finances: Nothing Complicated - Tomorrow Never Came.

By Sgt Steve McGarrett

Wednesday, 19th August 2009
      There is nothing at all complicated about our financial situation, as far as I can see.
      We’ve had higher debt in the past than we have now but there was always the belief, whether it be by Murray or the bankers, that this debt was a worthy investment because there was either a real prospect or hope that tomorrow’s revenues would take care of it. And these future revenues would entice greater capital injections, the likes of which we had a decade ago or so from Dave King and ENIC. Tomorrow never came.

Nowadays there is little realistic prospect of significantly increased revenue. TV money is down, sponsorship and corporate expenditure has fallen off a cliff, fans are under pressure and our retail third party, JJB, are teetering on the brink. There’s nothing on the horizon to be optimistic about. So our debt is real debt – capped and needing to be repaid. Just like an ordinary loan you or I would take out. They used to say that if you owed the bank £100k, you had a problem: if you owed them £25m, they had a problem. Well the turmoil in world banking means the banks have become aggressive and adept at making £25m our problem – the overdraft has been stopped dead in its tracks. No more could expenditure exceed income: because no one would finance it.

The lack of increased or even sustained revenue will not entice proper financial investment, the likes of ENIC - and emotional investment is only worthwhile if you have enough emotional money to buy out SDM. That rules out any number of millionaire bluenoses: even multimillionaire bluenoses. Imagine you had £10m – how much difference could you make to Rangers? Well giving away your entire family fortune would have a negligible effect on our world clout, ranking, status. Try explaining that to the Mrs. Its not even worth meeting SDM in a London hotel with draft documents if you have less than £100m (and that could be whittled away sharpish, no danger).

I detest the way that the concentration of money has skewed things so in favour of the EPL. Partly because I’m tasting some of our medicine – in the past we were net spenders and could mop up any decent Scottish talent and blend it with European internationalists of note. Along with Celtic we were the rest of Scotland’s ‘EPL’. Now the shoe is on the other foot and its not good for self-worth. Why would a decent strong player like Dan Cousin leave for a team like Hull and worse still, fail? Is this how Hibs fans felt about Kenny Miller in 2000? Or when Derek Riordan went to Celtic a few years later? That said I don’t feel too much guilt about being Scotland’s premier club – at least Rangers, from a gallant standing start, earned their status as a dominant club the natural way. Not even Celtic can boast that.

Barring a miracle run in this year’s CL we will probably fall further, in relative terms, behind the rest of Europe’s concentrated elite. We can barely match English Championship wages. And the champions of Scotland may not be auto entrants to the CL group stages. We have a 50/50 chance of winning our domestic league – and even if we do we may well face an unenviable task of playing a team such as a dazzling Arsenal side who could/would/should hand out a football skelping to any SPL side.

So next year, both Old Firm teams may be denied the CL group stage windfall. And if not next year, the year after. How many Aalborg, Kaunas or Sigma Olomouc’s can our coefficient bear without crumbling. Winning the SPL, while still of great one-upmanship value, may no longer translate into a cash bonanza. Perhaps both OF teams will have to cut their cloth to suit this new, downsized, world we live in. At least we have started to do this – not that I consider that a plus on our rivals, more a necessity to make up for 15 years plus of being worse than them at getting value for money. The sheer and literal folly of the ‘for every fiver Celtic spend....’ statement has come home to roost. We are close on £25m behind matching Celtic’s financial state. And while Arsenal will do us a favour next week and help cover 10% of that deficit I worry that Harry Redknapp could erode our CL windfall by alleviating an idle Celtic of one homo-erratic and very replacable skinhead midfielder. Or perhaps the more talented Irishman, Aiden McGeady.

We have a long way to go and a short time to get there(hey, what song is that?) in terms of rectifying our financial health and we have no wriggle room. Interest rates are likely to rise again in the next few months, making the cost of debt an even bigger burden. And when we’re giving away a 10,000 seat start to our foes that makes it all the harder to go toe to toe. We may have saved the payroll a few quid this coming year by decreasing a fat squad but we haven’t made much capital from transfer sales. So there’s no lumps of cash available to spend on anyone of established quality. We may get lucky with a kid or two. But what can you win with kids, eh!?

No, our situation is very straightforward – we owe the bank more than we can generate through our recent ‘income less expenditure’ model. The club was poorly structured on the promise that tomorrow we’d get that windfall. You could argue that in 2007/08 we did get that windfall. But it only kept us afloat, there wasn’t a thin dime left over. Several successive UEFA finals would help - every 36th year doesn’t.

So to avoid having our ‘house’ repossessed every single action, thought and penny has to be about getting the bank off our back. Our sugar daddy has his own financial distractions. His well has run dry. That’s why we have to support, and likely thank, Arsenal this coming week. As Tesco might say, every little helps. And it’ll be fun to jeer the baddies at the same time – the ‘merchant bankers’ that they are.

FF
    • Einige interessante Fangedanken zur aktuellen Kadersituation...

"It's a Squad game", is it?

By Albertz Was King

Friday, 21st August 2009

Walter Smith and the size and deployment of our squad of players.
      In the modern game, it's become clichéd for pundits and managers to tell everyone that it is now a squad game. Due to the number of matches across a season - which can include league games, two domestic cup competitions and in some cases European games - it has become vital for managers to assemble not only a starting eleven with care and attention but to also have a group of players to supplement them. The intensity with which the game is played nowadays dictates that rest is essential throughout the campaign to maintain a level of play during the course of the season. However it seems that our current manager is an exception to this rule; instead he focuses on a core group of players and this number will prove to be a vital commodity this season.

At the moment, we currently have 22 senior players with the view to reducing that number to 20 before the end of the transfer window. This group will be complemented by four or five youth players of genuine potential. Some might think that with the prospect of another heavy duty season ahead that this will leave us a bit thin on the ground. But you only have to look back to the 07/08 season for evidence which suggests we can more than cope with the workload.

As we slugged our way to Manchester for the UEFA Cup Final we played an incredible 68 matches! This was an ungodly amount of games and circumstances eventually conspired against us, as the fixtures began to take place in close proximity towards the business end of the season which predictably took its toll. The players looked lethargic and in the end just couldn't generate enough energy to achieve the goals set out at the start of the season. But they came bloody close.

Despite playing 68 matches, only 18 players started more than ten matches in the SPL. During our UEFA Cup run, only 9 players made five or more starts. This is a relatively low number considering the remarkable amount of games. Even more startling when you take into account we had 31 senior professionals that season as well as 6 youth players who trained with the 1st team.

Smith doesn't have a reputation for squad rotation or resting senior players. Weir, Ferguson and Cuellar were amongst the highest appearance makers that season, only missing out on one or two games at the most. He isn't a big fan of blooding youth players either, whether it be as a late substitute in a game already won or an easy cup tie.

So the focus will be on the starting 11 and I feel this is where we are very strong. We have players of real quality on the ball. If you can keep possession then you won't need to exert too much energy running around chasing the ball, as our team tended to do in the 07/08 season. A more intelligent passing game will serve us best both in terms of style and conserving energy. Mourinho famously invented the "resting with the ball" idea, where you keep possession for possession sake when appropriate during a game. With classy footballers like Mendes, Davis, Bougherra, Whittaker, Papac, Thomson, Miller, Edu, Aaron and Fleck I think this will not be a problem.

I think this core group can deliver this season - they are champions after all - and they can only get better as the season progresses. Matches in the 07/08 became an inconvenience but this season I think it will become an opportunity for the group to grow and grow.

FF
    • Infos & Gedanken eines FF-Users... Übrigens der User, der schon gestern die Infos zum Rothen-Transfer verbreitete und Recht behielt.

Bank, Contracts, Money and Rothen

Hi guys, thanks for some of the pm's I've had since last night.

I have always tried to pass on info on here as best I can, even if sometimes your patience can be stretched when people start having a go -suppose that is part and parcel.

Anyway, I thought I would post the latest info I got today now that the dust has settled on the transfer window.

Firstly, the bank

Our new bankers asked for debts to be reduced, as everyone is well aware, more or less at the turn of the year an the instant quick fix was to try and shift someone for hard cash - ir Boyd for £3.5m to Birmingham, but that collapsed.

My understanding is that they then wanted between £6m and £8m from player sales and or wages before this window shut, to be taken in so that the overall day to say running costs are down.

Ferguson - brought in a huge £2.5m in a combined fee and last year of his wages.

That - plus the other departures for money - Gow and Adam at 700k fee - and all the wages from Dailly, Hemdani, Smith, Webster, Velicka satisfied them on their target figures.

Basically, I have been told that the wage bill is down by around 100k a week, and that just under £2m was raised in hard cash.

So, for that part, they are happy.

The bank, as I have said all along, had refused to sanction any new contracts until this was met.

Davie Weir, despite what people have not been understanding on here, was playing without a contract, but was getting his wages under a 'gentelman's agreement' with the club.

There was no press conference to announce he had signed an extension, in fact not even a confirmation on the club website - all down to the fact that this gentleman's agreement was in place and attention was not being drawn.

His contract has now been signed off.

Over the weekend, Rangers were told they could look at a loan signing, in the region of £15k in wages after it became clear there would be extra revenue GUARANTEED from Celtic going out of Champs League, ie the full TV pot, and the UEFA starting fees being more than anticipated.

They looked at Martin Petrov, Royston Drenthe and other options in Europe.

But, even with the respective clubs weighing in part of the wages, these guys were out of reach.

Rothen wasn't, the wages in France a market Rangers have been able to compete in regularly, and that is why the deal was done.

To conclude, the bank got what they wanted this summer.

Wage bill and running costs down, whilst a big chunk of the incoming European money will go towards the overdraft.

Rangers wage bill is as low as it ever has been for years, with Mendes and Davis at 20k a week basic, and McGregor at 17k the only real high earners.

Going forward, the target of 20 pros plus kids has been hit, the debts are down.

Whilst everyone would have loved to have seen two or three signings made, the stark reality is that the money from CLGE has to go to the bank debts, and the full impact of this - and this summer - will be seen in next years accounts.

As always, I hope some of this helps.

Cheers lads.
      barrybaldy
    • Ja, den finden viele interessant. Ich auch, muss ich ganz ehrlich sagen. Zumal der User schon des öfteren gezeigt hat, dass er einfach Infos hat. Ist ja auch keine Schönfärberei. Zeigt deutlich die Probleme und den Zwang durch die Bank auf, dem wir nunmal unterlegen sind und ist in sich nachvollziehbar. Rothen also dank Celtic. I-)
    • Ruhrpottler schrieb:

Also ich find den Beitrag sehr, sehr interessant. Das verschafft wenigstens ein BIld über die ganze Sache.....

Die frage aller fragen ist jz natürlich wie viel Gewinn/Verlust wir in einer saison im worst case machen (sprich kein europe, kein pokal und nur platz 2)?
      Rangers FC - Scottish Premier League - Champions 2008/09
    • Und da wird man irgendwie hinkommen müssen. Die CL wird zukünftig wohl auch für den schottischen Meister nur noch über eine Quali zu erreichen sein. Damit kann man nicht mehr planen. Das ist fahrlässig. Also muss der Verein über kurz oder lang (eher über sehr kurz) so aufgestellt werden, dass die Europa League Pflicht ist um seinen Etat zu decken. Das wäre realistisch.
    • Caledonia schrieb:

Und da wird man irgendwie hinkommen müssen. Die CL wird zukünftig wohl auch für den schottischen Meister nur noch über eine Quali zu erreichen sein. Damit kann man nicht mehr planen. Das ist fahrlässig. Also muss der Verein über kurz oder lang (eher über sehr kurz) so aufgestellt werden, dass die Europa League Pflicht ist um seinen Etat zu decken. Das wäre realistisch.

Naja man muss schon ins budget einplanen dass man vl jedes 2te jahr in die CL kommt, denn die ersten 2 aus SPL sind immer in der Quali, aber der meister hat einen "leichten" weg! Außerdem warten wir mal dieses jahr ab, bin mir sicher dass wir und celtic ne große chance haben nach weihnachten in europa zu bleiben!
      Rangers FC - Scottish Premier League - Champions 2008/09
    • Caledonia schrieb:

Davie Weir, despite what people have not been understanding on here, was playing without a contract, but was getting his wages under a 'gentelman's agreement' with the club.

Hammer :nuke:
      Dieser eine Beitrag beantwortet mir Fragen die ich seit nem halben Jahr an SDM gehabt hätte. I-)
      :panthers:
    • Wenn das alles so stimmt, was "barrybaldy" schreibt, mach das die Sache für uns Fans endlich mal deutlich, womit wir uns abfinden müssen.
      Die Verpflichtung von Rothen gefällt mir. Wenn er nur ansatzweise die Leistungen aus den vergangenen Jahren zeigt, ist der gute Mann eine Verstärkung.
      Allan McGregor: 17.000 Pfung die Woche- das ist ein Witz!!! -> verkaufen,verkaufen,verkaufen im Januar (wenn ihn einer haben will)
    • Gusty Spence schrieb:

Wenn das alles so stimmt, was "barrybaldy" schreibt, mach das die Sache für uns Fans endlich mal deutlich, womit wir uns abfinden müssen.
      Die Verpflichtung von Rothen gefällt mir. Wenn er nur ansatzweise die Leistungen aus den vergangenen Jahren zeigt, ist der gute Mann eine Verstärkung.
      Allan McGregor: 17.000 Pfung die Woche- das ist ein Witz!!! -> verkaufen,verkaufen,verkaufen im Januar (wenn ihn einer haben will)
      ich versteh das net find den besser als den alexander
      An alle Männer und jede Frau: Gleich welcher Herkunft, Der Rauch ist grau. An alle Staaten, alle Nationen: Wegen der Farbe wird man Niemanden verschonen. Samsas Traum
      we would like to see most of the human race killed off, because it is unworthy. It is unworthy of the gift of life. Behemoth
    • Gedanken eines Rangers-Fan...

My love affair with The Rangers F.C.
      Written by Broxi_Bear_Eire
      MEMORIES OF A BEAR
      Part 1 1959 to 1972

Let me start by saying I am writing this the only way I know It won’t be a list of games attended, yes some of them are going to be covered but this is more about my personal journey all the ups and downs a warts and all story.

My love affair with The Rangers F.C.

I first went to Ibrox with my Dad at the start of September 1959, the game was against Ayr United and we lost 0-3. Not the most auspicious of starts in following The Gers, but it was the beginning of a journey that has lasted almost fifty years so far.

My dad worked most Saturday mornings so we didn’t get to attend many away outside the Glasgow area, but he believed in going to watch a game of football no matter what. His belief was you couldn’t comment on other teams if you didn’t watch them play so if Rangers were away from home he would take me to see Clyde or Partick Thistle, he liked to go to watch these teams especially when they were playing Celtic to see how they were playing, and that’s something that has stuck with me though it’s easier now with so much televised football.

When I look back at those early years I have a laugh to myself thinking about how excited I would be on a Saturday morning the waiting on my dad coming home from work asking him to hurry up so we could get to Ibrox early. The feelings when I got to the stadium were so strong and have never diminished if anything over the years they have got stronger and stronger

As I grew older and probably about aged 11 I started going to the games with my pals the excitement of meeting up and heading to Ibrox was unbelievable, arriving at the park and heading for the turnstiles asking the grown men with the immortal phrase “Hey mister gonnie gie’s a lift over” For younger readers this was a common way to gain entry into the ground without paying and as the person got older he would just take a run a jump the turnstiles it was a sad day when the time came that you had to pay.

So I carried on going to games and my love for the club grew and grew, then came a pivotal moment for me, I hand never been to an OF game and my first was the Scottish cup final replay on the 27th April 1966 when Kia Johansen scored a peach of a goal in a 1-0 win Oh the joy I had never experienced emotion like it then came the twist the following day all us youngster’s were hanging about playing footie and stuff when a mate who was a tic fan asked the question “Why do you support them there the Proddies” I looked at him and to be truthful couldn’t give him an answer carried on as normal and also started going to away games around this time but that question was lingering in the back of my mind of wouldn’t go away and at times I would be at Ibrox or on the bus going to an away game wondering if I was wrong to follow The Rangers this went on for a year or so but I eventually realised that nothing and no one would stand in the way of my love for the club. And though even to this day I still get questioned as to why that’s the way it remains. Though now I tend to get asked this more by Celtic fans, I really think that say’s it all and I am not going to linger on it anymore. It may come up at times but only in the context of what I am writing about.

So, back to matters concerning The Rangers. By the time 1967 came along I was approaching the age of thirteen, a teenager, and The Rangers were entering a period that was going to test the resolve of everyone connected with the club. Celtic had a new manager and were sweeping all before them, add to this the fact that we had went out to Berwick Rangers in the Scottish cup and had lost to Celtic in the League Cup. Not to mention the one they will never ever shut up about, they won the European Cup, this was a disaster in my eyes.

Being a teenager was fun then, our Saturdays were made up of going either to Ibrox or heading off on an away trip. These trips could be fun though at times, but also dangerous so its time to look at a few of these days out and the nine years of watching Celtic winning the league.
      Of course during this period every year I believed we were going to win the league back only to be left feeling empty when we didn’t yes we won things and also a European trophy during this time but how I craved that elusive league title all that time.

This was a period that affected my life as a Bear and also my personal outlook on life, a crazy time for me. Young and daft with a passion for drink and other substances the whole period became a mish mash of emotions. I was now fifteen and an arrogant so and so who lived for the moment. I left school and got myself an apprenticeship as a Turner-Toolmaker and there I was, the bee’s knees so I thought, money in my pocket to spend on what I wished, The Rangers, drink, clothes, women.

Now during this time I had more than my fair share of fights but very little of it in percentage terms would have been football related. I can remember the first time I was involved in trouble at the football, it was at Tannadice at the start of April 1969 we lost the game 2-1, John Greig scoring for us. My mate and I had went through to this game by train leaving when we arrived we headed to a pub for a few beers then to the game, after the game finished andfeeling a bit peeved at the result we headed back to the station. Somehow we managed to take a wrong turn and end up walking along the road surrounded by these United fans, before we knew it they were hurling abuse at us. We decided to make a run for the station so after hurling a few choice words of abuse we ran. As we made it to the station we found there was already a crowd of bears waiting. We were screaming at the top of our heads that we were being chased, a fair section of the crowd made a run back out of the station, we followed and there proceeded to be a running battle in the street, it was crazy. Next thing we know the shout went up that the police were coming and another one that our train was leaving at this point the fight seemed to just break up. We ran for our train and home we went, laughing and joking but at the same time scared out of our minds.

We had missed the league again finishing second behind Celtic by five points and had failed to qualify for the quarter finals of the league cup, which at that time was played in sections.That left us the Scottish cup, and we got to the final where we would play Celtic. The Gers had a great run to the final with the highlight of it the semi final where we beat Aberdeen 6-1 Johnston, Penman and Willie Henderson scoring for us.

The day of the final arrived and I met up with my mates full of belief that the trophy was going to be ours. Oh how wrong we were! We had a disaster from start to finish, within two minutes of the start Billy McNeil scored for them with a header and the day just fell apart. With a final score line of 4-0 to them my plans for celebrating that night went out the window, home I went to sit in my room disgusted wondering if I would ever get over it. However, of course, I did and before long, I believed that the following season Rangers would sweep all before them and we would be top of the pile again!

In Europe it was a different story we were competing in the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup where we had a great run. We were to play Newcastle United in the semi final and in the first leg at Ibrox we drew 0-0. The stage was set for the second leg and my first away European game.
      I headed down to Newcastle with optimism only for my hopes to be dashed when we were beaten 2-0 and to and to that the match was marred by trouble.

Along came the 1969/70 season and I approached it with the optimism of youth only to be disappointed again once more. Our season ended with the cupboard bare failing miserably in the league finishing twelve points behind Celtic, failing to qualify for the league cup quarter finals again, and crashing out of the Scottish cup in the quarter finals losing 3-1 to them.

This was a hard hard time to be a bear as a young guy I watched as some of my mates stopped going to games combined with others saying they no longer supported Rangers. I could not believe this was happening and it got me involved in a few fights with so called mates, I got myself so worked up about this I was as upset and angry as anyone else but to stop going to games and saying they no longer supported the team was just to much to take.

The 1970/71 season started with optimism from myself as Willie Waddell made changes, Jock Wallace joined the club along with young players being brought through, Graham Fyfe, Alfie Conn and Derek Johnstone to name three. The way the team played gave us all hope, attacking football with the players giving their all.

The league cup was our first chance of a trophy and we reached the final. This was played on October 24th 1970, Celtic being the opponents.
      I watched as a sixteen-year old Derek Johnstone headed in the winner. What a feeling! We had won the League cup! Our first trophy in four years!
      Surely now we would build on this and bring the league trophy home!

However, forthcoming events were to put football in perspective and overshadowed everything for me. On the second of January I went with my mates to Ibrox for the New Year old firm game. We were all looking forward to it and were in a party mood and needless to say, plenty of drink had been consumed.

The game had been a dull affair until Bobby Lennox hit a shot from about twenty yards out it hit the bar and Jimmy Johnstone reacted quickest and headed the ball into the net. That was that so we thought, but with a few seconds remaining Rangers got a free kick, the ball was put in and Colin Stein smashed the ball into the net, oh happy days!

Now with about ten minutes to go a couple of mates and me had moved round to the Celtic end, for the younger readers you could walk right round the stadium back then.As the final whistle went, we made our way from the stadium trying to hide our joy as we were among their fans.
      We arrived back at one of my mates house where there was going to be a party that night only to be met by his Dad who was frantic with worry. It took some time before we took in what had happened and even at that the details were scarce.

That night the party was cancelled and a few of us sat watching the television and listening to the radio getting more and more upset as news of the scale of the disaster filtered through. The following morning the scale of the tragedy brought tears to my eyes I went home and my Mum and Dad who had been away at relatives arrived home with news that made it even harder to take we knew one of the people who had died, not well granted, but through his family.

I look back on this time and wonder just what may have been if we had left by our usual way, at stairway 13.

The rest of the season did not really matter, I still went to games but there was a hollow feeling and all I can say is always remember the 66. I know I will never forget.

The following season came round and I hoped this would be a fresh start for Rangers, I hoped the club and players would react in a positive way to the disaster and play with a renewed passion.

Was this to be our season?

Well it was not to be, our league form was woeful and we finished a miserable third. In the cups, we fared no better once again failing to qualify for the quarterfinals of the league cup and going out to Hibernian in the semi finals of the Scottish cup after a replay.

Our only hope was in Europe, the Cup winner’s cup, and this seemed to be what we kept our best football for. Beating Bayern Munich in the semi final the feeling was great and plans were being made to travel to the Nou Camp Barcelona to play Dinamo Moscow in the final.

This was a momentous occasion for me as I travelled with my pal and his Dad with the supporters club he was in. Arriving we entered the party spirit. Our hotel was full of fellow Bears, all having a great time, off to the game we went, and in full voice, we entered this magnificent stadium.

The game got underway and the stadium was bouncing everywhere you looked was a sea of blue, red and white, Colin Stein scored in the 24th minute and the place erupted five minutes before half time we were two up with a Willie Johnston goal. The second half got underway and a few minutes in Johnston got the third, surely our name was on the cup! But they got one back on the hour mark and my nerves started to fray, a couple of minutes from the end Moscow got another could we hold on? The answer of course was yes!

The final whistle went and our fans invaded the park nothing unusual in that, but the Spanish police did not see it that way and started becoming very aggressive with our fans. From my point of view, we never got near the pitch as we started to head down the stairs we were met by armed police and held there. Meanwhile on the pitch,battles were going on all over the place. A great night ruined in my opinion by an over zealous Spanish police who went way over the top. So a ban followed and our name was tarnished unfairly as far as I am concerned but nothing could take away from me the elation and pride I felt in my team. In fact, it is my proudest moment as a Rangers fan.

When I look back on my favourite players of this time I am overwhelmed with the talent we had in our ranks names such as Miller, Brand, Caldow, Baxter, Greig, Willie Johnston, Willie Henderson I could go on and on the list is endless.

Anyway that brings me to the end of this part of the journey and I hope you will join me in the next part where I will look at the 70’s and 80’s and the rise in football hooliganism, all seated stadia and the ups and downs of being a Bear.

Broxi_Bear_Eire

GersNet